It is estimated that millions people are currently suffering from the condition of gout, a painful form of arthritis, has been long associated with diet, especially overindulgence in meat, alcohol, and seafood. While many people choose drugs or medications to handle with gout disease fast, you still prevent and reduce the risk of this disease without taking medications. The article delivers to you top easy and simple manners on how to prevent gout naturally. Let take a look to discover how effective these tips are.
How To Prevent Gout – Understand Gout For Prevention
1. Avoid Foods That Are High In Purine
If you eat high purine foods, this could cause gout easily. It is important to avoid gout by eating a low purine diet. In fact, it is impossible to completely get rid of purines, yet if you avoid these foods as much as possible, then you should be able to control over it. The rich sources of purine are meats and shellfish, tofu, peas, organ meat, anchovies, asparagus and mushrooms, and herring. All meat, fish and poultry include purines which are associated with increased risk of gout. Limit your intake of these foods to 4-6 ounces per day.
2. Cut Back On Fat
Fact is, saturated fat can lower your ability to eradicate uric acid. So, choose the plant-based protein, such as legumes, beans, and low-fat or fat-free dairy products in order to reduce the amount of saturated fat in the current diet. In other words, high-fat meals also contribute to overweight situation or even obesity which is linked to gout.
3. Avoid Alcohol
Beer, wine or in general term, alcohol, interferes with the eradication of uric acid produced from the body. Drinking beer, in particular, has been linked to the formation off gout. If you are at the risk of gout, then try to limit your drinking not more than two 5-ounce serving of wine each day. This amount will not increase the risk of gout.
4. Avoid Foods Sweetened With High-Fructose Corn Syrup
Medically, fructose is the carbohydrate which is known to enhance uric acid. You had better avoid drinks that are sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup, like soft drinks or juice drinks. On the other hand, juice which is 100 percent fruit juice does not seem to boost uric acid productions as much.
5. Drink Water
Drinking water is necessary for you to prevent gout. The reason is that water can help the body function effectively and properly. The renal system can process the highly acidic uric acid naturally out of the system. By this way, the problems which are associated with too much crystallization in the joints will be control.
One more reason that keeping hydrated is essential because water can help your joints work better and less susceptible to ruin from the uric acid. Better hydration can enable synovial fluid to work more effectively in the joints. Also, it can clear out the “garbage” from the joints fast. To determine the proper amount of water you should take. Divide your body weight by 2. If you are 120 pounds, then you should take 60 ounces of fluids. Water and juices which are low in sugar are best. What can be simpler than drinking more water to prevent gout?
6. Drink Skim Milk
Skim milk is looked as a way to prevent an attack of gout. Skim milk can lower the levels of uric acid in your blood by 10 percent. Gouty attacks happen when too much uric acid builds up in your blood, so anything that lowers this kind of acid can help to prevent gout. So, do not try to substitute soy milk for your dairy milk because soy milk can really increase uric acid levels.
7. Maintain A Healthy Weight
A healthy weight plays a critical role in preventing gout. Dropping weight too fast will make uric acid levels enhance at an alarming rate. In case that you are overweight, it just puts the joints under more strain as well as brings more pain. Thus, lose weight slowly and talk to a doctor or certain professional if you are meeting trouble with choosing the diet to follow. Or, you can initially refer some tips to lose weight safely at home here to get in shape quickly.
8. Eat Variety Of Vegetables And Fruits
When it comes to fruits and vegetables, there are tons of reasons that why you should eat fruits and vegetables. However, to learn how to prevent gout, eating fruits and vegetables is a good idea. They can help you maintain healthy weight, or even lose weight. Moreover, the vitamins and minerals included in these foods can help the body operate more effectively.
Another reason is that, vegetables and fruits are very low in purines. Thus, you can decrease the production of uric acid. In other words, there is still some exceptions like broccoli and artichokes. Two vegetables need to be consumed with small amounts as well as slowly enhance.
The last reason is fruits and vegetables are dense water foods that can help you avoid dehydration. As you have seen above, dehydration prevention will be important for you to alleviate or abolish gout.
If you are at the risk of gout, a lack of exercise could cause a vicious cycle that can result in and worsen the disease. Exercise is able to keep gout in check. Right exercises can maintain a healthy body weight and build healthy bones, joints and muscles. The right kind of exercises will reverse potential effects of gout. With regular exercises combined with a healthy diet, you will lower the uric acid levels effectively.
- Using elastic bands will be the easy method to support the joints. Or, low-impact cardiovascular exercise or aerobic exercises can improve your lung function and boost the body’s ability to use oxygen for mobilizing acid in the body. All what you need to do is to choose low impact aerobic exercises such as fitness walking, stair climbing, or dance exercises to prevent gout naturally. Firstly, spend about 10 minutes per day on doing them. Then, add a few extra minutes each day to increase the intensity and time of practicing. The goal is 30-45 minutes each day and 5 day per week.
- You also can make use of swimming to get your target. There is a reason they call swimming as the fountain of youth. Swimming as well as water exercises can be a fantastic manner to develop flexibility and mobility fast, and also functioning of your joints without full impact of gravity. When moving in water, there is less stress on the joints. Just start slowly and steadily enhance the total time for swimming. It is necessary to keep in mind that distance and speed are not as essential as the amount of time you spend on swimming. Try building up a proper routine by beginning with two days per week for about 15 minutes. The goal is to swim from 30 to 45 minutes.
- The last one I would like to introduce in this article in term of exercise is stretching. There are three body parts that can take advantage of this kind of exercise. The first is shoulders. Take some minutes to take all the major upper body joints via complete range of motion exercises. Then, place the hands by your sides before rolling the shoulders forward for about 30 seconds. After that, roll them back for the same 30 seconds. The second is wrists. Just make a fist with the hand and roll the wrists both clockwise and the anti clockwise also for about 30 seconds. The third, also the last is back and hamstring. Just sit on the floor while your legs are straight out in front of your body, and reach forward to touch the toes. Keep holding the position for about 15 seconds and try for three more times.
You will be surprised with the effectiveness that these exercises can bring to your health.
10. Cut Out Stress
When it comes to ways on how to prevent gout, we should not skip the role of stress management. Stress might trigger a gout attack and it can exacerbate symptoms of a gout attack. While it is hard to completely flush out all of your stress, there are still some ways to help minimize the presence of stress. If you are experiencing or prone to gout, decreasing stress can help you concentrate on things other than your pain. So, what stress management techniques can work for gout prevention? Give a try for relaxation techniques, including meditation or deep breathing.
11. Take A Rest At The Right Time And Get Enough Sleep
Both rest and sleep are very important for everyone, especially who want to prevent gout. Getting adequate sleep – about 8 hours per night – can help to manage stress and feel better overall. This also helps you prevent a gout attack by resting the affected joint during an attack and manage the gout symptoms.
For getting a good night’s sleep, you can refer the products in our website.
12. Get Tested Or Take Simple Supplements
Get tested by a specialized doctor if you have a family history of gout that could be a hereditary metabolic disease. Furthermore, the risk increases for men at over 40 years old and women after menopause. In general, men are at the highest risk for gout.
Another advice is that you can consider taking vitamin C or quercetin (with bromelain) supplements. These supplements could lessen the uric acid levels in the body. However, remember that only start using supplements if the doctor feels you are at a high risk for gout.
After covering all of the above quick tips on how to prevent gout, do you find them useful for you as well as your family? Gout may be an incredibly painful condition, yet making these healthy tips on how to prevent gout can help to prevent gout formation and attacks.
Leave all your comment at the end of the article to let us know what you think. We are open to welcome any discussion about this topic and will answer all as soon as possible.