9 Proven Benefits of Coconut Oil Why You Need Coconut In Your Life
People are not unaware of the wonders that the Coconut oil gives mankind. It has been helpful in different varieties of field. Here are nine helpful and proven benefits of coconut oil:
- Health. The positive effects or benefits of coconut oil in health and wellness are because of the unique combinations of fatty acids it has. It has been proven in numerous studies conducted that coconut oil is a great help in this diseases: heart diseases, kidney and gall stones, Alzheimer’s disease, pancreatitis, dental and bone problems, stress, diabetes, candida, HIV and cancer.
- Immunity. It has also been proven that it can help boost our immunity. This is because it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acids, capric acids, and caprilic acids. These have antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties which help boost the immune system of the body.
- Digestion and Metabolism. Coconut oil helps us in the kitchen in the form of cooking oil. This just not only helps the dish taste good, but also helps improve our digestion and metabolism. This is because of the saturated fats that give off antimicrobial properties. This helps the stomach to get rid of fungi, bacteria and parasites that usually cause indigestion. The coconut oil also helps in absorbing nutrients such as vitamins and minerals and amino acids.
4. Hair Care. Another benefit of coconut oil is that it helps to get our hair healthy. It helps them grow healthy and shiny. It also reduces the chance of having our hair lose protein. Used all over the world, it is proven that it is an effective hair conditioner too. It helps in the re-growth process of damaged hair. The oil gives the hair essential proteins that are needed to nourish and heal damaged hair. Dandruff, lice and lice eggs go off of the hair and scalp when regularly applied by coconut oil.
5. Skin Care. Coconut oil is also used for cosmetic services particularly skin care. It helps in improving the appearance the skin for a youthful glow. It also helps in smoothing the rough parts of the skin system such as the knees and elbows. This is why it is used as a body scrub mixed usually with sea salt or sugar and lavender. This improves the moisture and lipid content of the skin. Also, it helps to prevent the skin from dryness and flaking. Sagging and wrinkles which is accompanied by aging usually is being prevented by it. That is why they are usually an ingredient to lotions and soaps. This is all with no side effects and is proven true.
- Infections. With the antimicrobial, antiviral and antibacterial properties the coconut oil provides, it can also fight off skin infections caused by fungi, bacteria and other microbes. This not only makes the infection go away but also takes good care of your skin.
- Weight Loss. A popular benefit of coconut oil is its help in losing weight. Firstly, it helps burn more fat for it increases your energy expenditure. The medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) is the one responsible for this. Second, it can reduce your hunger. The ketone bodies have an appetite reducing effect which comes from the metabolism of fatty acids in it. The oil of the coconut can also be an effective in reducing abdominal fats. This also obviously helps in losing weight and losing waist circumference.
- Beauty. As mentioned earlier, coconut oil is helpful in cosmetics. Thus, it helps one to look youthful and beautiful. In hair and in skin is two of them. They can also be used as lip balms for I keeps the lips hydrated and as shave cream.
- Massages. The oil’s creamy texture makes it excellent body oil. It is light and makes your skin feel warm and cozy. You can slather it all over your body for a soothing effect. You could mix it with peppermint and lavender for a cooler massage mix.