The key to maintaining excellent overall health is to take care of yourself mentally, physically and emotionally. Your fitness trainer and physician might have told you the importance of keeping your stress levels low, eating a healthy and nutritious diet and exercising. You are able to extend your life by doing so and also boost your self-esteem considerably. You will have a better and brighter outlook on life when you feel good. How to do this? There are some steps mentioned below that can help you take care of your physical, mental and emotional health:
- Eat a healthy diet that comprises of minerals, proteins and vitamins. Think about taking a multivitamin if your diet isn’t able to provide you with the necessary vitamins and minerals. It is recommended by fitness and diet experts that children says that people should drink about six to eight glasses of water every day and increase to 11 glasses if they have a more active lifestyle. Also, you should avoid gaining excess weight by watching the number of calories you consume.
- You should make it a habit of exercising for at least two and a half hours on weekly basis. Basically, your weekly exercise routine should include at least two days of weightlifting and stretching. If you go running or jogging, try and get your heart rate up longer and faster. Experts have recommended that you should exercise for about 75 minutes every week along with two days of muscle training and strength.
- Make meditation a regular habit. For instance, you can choose to meditate for about 10 minutes as soon as you wake up and before you take a shower and get dressed. As a matter of fact, you can take out 10 minutes to sit by the side of your bed if meditate every morning. If you get overwhelmed during the day, you can sit still for a couple of minutes until you start feeling calm and centered.
- Create intimacy in your life by socializing with friends and relatives. Share concerns you have about life events, local events in your group of friends or community and news stories. This will aid you in getting an insight into events that concern you. When you spend time with relatives and friends, you can take your mind off of your personal situations, responsibilities or chores that you may be worried about and focus on other conversations for a change. It feels emotionally rewarding and is fun when you are in the company of people who love you.
- Go outdoors and spend some time reading a book you like, listen to music you like or spend some time with nature. You can also take vacations and avoid overworking for reducing your stress levels. Do what you love and enjoy as this helps in combating stress. You can also consult with a licensed medical professional if you are having difficulty in managing stress and they can provide you tips and ways of solving this issue and feeling better emotionally, physically and mentally.