How to Get Rid of Gas Bubbles in Your Stomach
Caused by illnesses or food, gas bubbles are known for causing discomfort and pain in the intestines and stomach. Air bubbles are created by the undigested sugars that are found in certain foods, which float along the digestive tract until the body finally expels them. Preventing gas bubbles from occurring in the first place or getting rid of them is necessary for alleviating the not just painful, but also embarrassing issue of air bubbles. It is possible for you to keep gas bubbles to a minimum when you look for certain foods that cause bloating or upset the stomach. Apart from that, here are some steps you can take when you want to deal with gas bubbles:
- Anti-gas medications or over-the-counter antacid can be taken for eliminating gas bubbles in the stomach. There are anti-gas medications and antacids comprising of simethicone, which can reduce gas.
- Cabbage, peaches, broccoli and beans are some of the foods that cause gas bubbles and should be avoided as much as possible. Avoid drinking carbonated beverages or chewing gum because they fill the stomach with air. If you are unsure of the foods that can cause gas bubbles in the stomach, you can keep a food journal. This will enable you in isolating the foods that trigger air in the stomach so you can reduce or eliminate them from your diet.
- Eating or drinking too quickly should also be avoided because larger quantities of air are swallowed when you eat fast as compared to when you eat slowly. Drinking from a straw should also be avoided because that also introduces air bubbles in your stomach.
- Before you eat gassy foods, you can take a precaution by consuming an over-the-counter digestive aid. Gas bubbles will not form with this medication.
- Built-up abdominal gas can be relieved with bending or twisting yoga postures. Pump is the yoga posture that performs this job effectively. You have to lie on your back and bring your knee to your chest one by one and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- Another pleasant solution for preventing abdominal gas is to take a stroll after dinner as this doesn’t allow gas to accumulate.
- Accumulation of gas can also be prevented by eating frequent and smaller meals. Digestive enzymes can also be taken with meals. Apart from that, there are medications available for people who are lactose intolerant to prevent the formation of gas bubbles in the stomach.
- Gas bubbles can also be relieved with the aid of peppermint tea or extract. Gas pains can be alleviated by drinking a cup of water that contains drops of cinnamon, peppermint or ginger extracts. Cumin seed powder and paprika dissolved in warm water can also help in dealing with gas bubbles.
If you are not able to reduce gas bubbles even after limiting foods and taking over-the-counter medications, it may be time to see your doctor. This is due to the fact that air bubbles may be caused by irritable bowel syndrome or acid reflux and prescription medicines are needed for dealing with them.